Rahumäe (also known as Priitholmi) Village is located in Põlva County, in Räpina Rural Municipality. Rahumäe Village covers an area of 11.50 km2 (4.32 % of the total area of Räpina Rural Municipality). According to the rural municipality register there are 110 people living in Rahumäe Village (as of 1 August 2012). Twenty-six households are in use all year round (as of 2006).
Rahumäe or Priitolm manor (German: Friedholm) was established in 1873 by separating it from Räpina manor. From its creation until 1919, when the possession of the manor was transferred, it belonged to the von Sivers family. The last owner, before the transfer, was Friedrich von Sivers. The wooden main building on a high base was built around 1880. The building is characterised by lacy wood decoration located on the tympan.
Already during the first days of the manor, in the 1870s, von Sivers established a forest park on the high-bank island of the Võhandu River. This was also to become the burial ground for the Siverses of Räpina. The freely designed park, 9.4 hectares in size, included natural local trees, but also foreign trees, such as Russian larch and balsam fir.
Next to Rahumäe, on the left bank of the Võhandu River there is a place known as Lipualusena (under the flag), which is famous for being home to majestic oak trees. Growing alongside the road is the Rahumäe pine tree, now under nature conservation (7.5 m; 18 m).
During the Soviet period, Rahumäe was home to the office of the horse loan station, followed by the machine-tractor station and a workmen’s dormitory. Later, cars were repaired here.
Under the leadership of active village society members, the Rahumäe Village Society has been active since 2001. Every summer the Society has organised different events in the village, such as the village festival and sports days.
Graphic artist Esko Lepp (1906-1977) was born into the family of the manor smith of Rahumäe, and practiced both linocut and intaglio, alongside drill engraving. At the end of his life, he even tried aquarelle. He created a vast amount of poetic landscape images, including views of the shores of Lake Peipus, as well as illustrated various literary publications and prepared high-class ex-librises.