Pindi Village is located in Põlva County, in Räpina Rural Municipality. Pindi Village covers an area of 7.27 km2 (2.73 % of the total area of Räpina Rural Municipality). According to the rural municipality register there are 17 people living in Pindi Village (as of 1 August 2012). Six households are in use all year round (as of 2006).
Pindi Village has always been known as a good agricultural area. In 1866, new farms began to be bought in the village. The first iron plough in the area was made by Joosep Pintmann, who had acquired a farm in Pindi and who also brought the first potatoes to Pindi Village from Veriora manor. The people in the area came to see the potatoes and took some along to try and plant these in their own fields.
Pindi Village was home to the Vennaste congregation’s chapel. Under the same roof as the chapel was the local school, which was established at the very beginning of the 19th century. The first school master was a teacher from Kanepi, former coachman Jüri Armulik. At that time one could only become a teacher if so appointed by the local head of church and the landlords. In 1920, the school became a 4-class school, which increased the number of students from 30 to 50. There was also a library at the school. On 10 February 1929, the Pindi school house, with everything inside (apart from the library), burnt to the ground. The next year the school carried on in the farmhouse of the Pindi Viido farm. The school was closed in 1931 due to a lack of students.
In the 1880s and 1890s, the most advanced and educated places in Veriora Rural Municipality were Viluste (Virusküla) and Pindi Village. These were centres were there were schools. These were also the villages were newspapers were read the most, with the number of readers of Sakala especially rising in the rural municipality (up to 3-4 subscribers). Olevik and Postimees were also read.
Nowadays Pindi Village is still home to agriculture. Recently a new non-profit organisation, MTÜ Uue Võhni Keskus, was established to develop village life. The non-profit organisation led the renovation of the former Võhni farm shed-stable. The result was a centre for the activities of the local society, and is now known as the Võhni Seltsiait (Võhni Society House). In 2012, the people of Pindi organised the Days of the Räpina Rural Municipality Villages.
In the Pindi pine forest, across the railroad and along the road to Võuküla, around 0.3 km from the Pindi Village, there are eight burial mounds that have been entered in the national register of cultural monuments. There are seven mounds on the Kahusaare registered immovable and one on the Pindi-Vidriku registered immovable. The largest of the mounds is around 10 meters in diameter.